Sabatti Rover Tactical 6.5 Creedmoor
- Target bolt-action rifle for precision long distance shooting
- Overboared barrels – between 22 and 27 mm at the muzzle.
- A more rigid shot – vibrations at higher frequency but lower range so as to reduce shot pattern dispersion on target
- The barrels are less subject to temperature increases to begin with. That combined with the final stress relief process they undergo reduces shot group dispersion on target to the minimum. It is the vibration barrels develop when they overheat and the release of residual tensions that causes the dispersion.
Barrels in Chrome Molybdenum Steel:
- The Chrome and Molybdenum added to the steel substantially improve its resistance to the wear generated by the incandescent ammunition especially to the first part of the rifling over that of traditional carbon steel.
- The bars of steel we use are all induction treated at the steel mill which then translates into a longer life cycle of our barrels.
Cold hammer forging:
- We rifle all our barrels by cold deformation rather than simply by subtractive manufacturing, which results in improved dimensional consistency and allows us to use steels with better mechanical characteristics (harder).
- frames and bolts are machined from solid blocks of high-resistance steel alloys. They undergo tailored heat treatments to optimize strength and durability.
- Our frames undergo a Neutral Hardening Process to achieve strength and resistance. After this is complete, the areas in the frames subject to the highest levels of stress undergo additional spot hardening.
- Our bolts with two front lugs undergo a case hardening and subsequent hardening operation which increases surface hardness and fatigue strength by creating a hardened surface layer and a hard core
- The rifle comes with a stock in high resistance Nylon charged with fiberglass to increase strength and reduce the risk of breakage.
- On request a fully adjustable cheek piece can be installed at the factory (up and down and left and right).
- Spacers to be positioned before the rubber recoil pad to adjust stock length are also available on request.
- At Sabatti SpA we cold hammer forge all our barrels in House. By controlling the entire barrel manufacturing process, we guarantee their absolute precision, reliability and durability.
- Very few rifles at this price point come with barrels of the same quality as the barrels hammer forged in House at Sabatti SpA. The result is shooting accuracy 100% guaranteed.
TRIGGER GROUP 5.850 Kg with 22-mm barrel bore
WEIGHT 6.350 Kg with 27-mm barrel bore
- Excellent value for the money
- Excellent precision
- Very compact shot groups with minimal shot dispersion;
- Barrels that overheat less and produce minimal shot migration on target;
- More durable barrels – less wear and, therefore, improved precision over time
- Better stock adjustability with increased comfort
Multi-radial rifling system designed and introduced by Sabatti S.p.A.
- HIGHER BULLET SPEED
- IMPROVED GROUP CONCENTRATION
- REDUCED NUMBER OF FLIERS
- LESS COPPER DEPOSITS
- LESS CLEANING REQUIRED
- EASIER CLEANING WHEN NEEDED
- LESS BARREL WEAR
Sabatti S.p.A. has designed and introduced a new precision rifling profile called MULTI-RADIAL (MRR®) with unique features over that of traditional rifling.
The objective was to develop a rifling system with all the positives of the traditional type and none of the negatives.
If you compare the TRADITIONAL RIFLING (pic. 1 below) with the POLYGONAL (pic. 2 below) and the MULTI-RADIAL ones (pic. 3 below), you will see that the last one is ideal with both traditional and monolithic bullets.
With MULTI-RADIAL barrels (pic. 3) two different radiuses alternate in order to positively grip the bullet geometrically without submitting it to extreme stress.
As a matter of fact, the bullets are pressure formed following a circumference and not cut like in traditional rifling (pic. 1) which extends the life cycle of the barrel. Also there is no sharp corner to fill like in the other rifling systems (pic. 1 & 2), therefore the barrel is cleaner and wears more slowly.
All tests we have carried out prove that:
MULTI-RADIAL barrels perform better and with more accuracy than barrels with traditional rifling using traditional lead bullets in cal. 7,62 mm (.308”) and cal. 6,5 mm (.264”) as well as monolithic bullets.
Speed is higher than with traditional rifling - up to 12% under certain circumstances - at standard pressure values. Bullets seal the barrel bore better thus preventing gas from escaping forward and optimizing the effect of the propelling energy. Also friction between bullets and barrel is reduced to the minimum.
Group concentration is substantially improved due to the extremely tight manufacturing tolerances that can be kept while manufacturing MULTI-RADIAL barrels. As a matter of fact the multi-radial rifling lends itself perfectly to our cold hammer forging. The resulting rifling profile consistency is excellent and the overall quality of our barrels is increased.
The specific rifling geometry of the forcing cone in MULTI-RADIAL barrels makes it possible for the chamber neck and freebore to guide the bullets into the rifling more precisely and steadily than with the traditional rifling system – the bullet matches the barrel axis in the best possible way thus reducing the fliers.
Under similar circumstances – less copper deposits inside MULTI-RADIAL barrels and, therefore, less cleaning is required. Also, when needed, cleaning is much easier to do than with traditional rifling.
Shooters can improve MULTI-RADIAL barrel performance by simply lapping the bore with abrasive paste pads with no fear of ruining the rifling edges like with traditional rifling.
These are all the reasons why MULTI-RADIAL rifling is truly ideal for target and competition shooting and is requested by almost all our shooters. And that is why now all Sabatti target rifles in cal. 308 Win. and most cal. 6,5x47 Lapua come with MULTI-RADIAL rifling.