Vortex Viper HS 4-16X44 BDC
VIPER® HS 4-16X44 RIFLESCOPE
Vortex Viper HS riflescopes offer hunters and shooters an array of features sure to be well received. The advanced optical system, highlighted with a 4x zoom range, provides magnification versatility. A forgiving eye box with increased eye relief gets shooters on target quickly and easily. Built on an ultra-strong 30mm one-piece machined aluminum tube, the Viper HS delivers increased windage and elevation travel for optimal adjustment.
Dual use for Shooting Tactical / Hunting.
Magnification 4-16 x
Objective Lens Diameter 44 mm
Eye Relief 4.0 inches
Field of View 27.4-7.4 feet/100 yards
Tube Size 30 mm
Turret Style Capped
Adjustment Graduation 1/4 MOA
Travel per Rotation 12 MOA
Max Elevation Adjustment 50 MOA
Max Windage Adjustment 50 MOA
Parallax Setting 50 yards to Infinity
Length 13.7 inches
Weight 18.4 ounces
- XD Lens Elements | Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in crisp, sharp images.
- XR Fully Multi-Coated | Proprietary coatings increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Second Focal Plane | Reticle Scale of reticle maintains the same ideally-sized appearance. Listed reticle subtensions used for estimating range, holdover and wind drift correction are accurate at the highest magnification.
- Tube Size | 30 mm diameter.
- Single-Piece Tube | Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance, as well as ensures strength and waterproofness.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum | Constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
- Waterproof | O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the riflescope for reliable performance in all environments.
- Fogproof | Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Shockproof | Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Hard Anodized Finish | Highly durable low-glare matte finish helps camouflage the shooter's position.
- ArmorTek | Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- Capped Reset Turrets | Allow quick re-indexing of the turret (no tool needed) to zero after sighting in the riflescope. Caps provide external protection for turret.
- Side Focus | Adjustment located on riflescope's left side and is easily accessible from shooting position. Provides optimal image focus and parallax removal.
INTERNAL MECHANISM DESIGN FEATURES
- Precision-Force Spring System | Uses premium components in the erector-spring system to ensure maximum repeatability and ease of adjustment.
- Precision-Glide Erector System | Uses premium components in the zoom lens mechanism to ensure smooth magnification changes under the harshest conditions.
- MAG-View | Fiber Optic Provides a highly visible reference point for the magnification setting.
- Fast Focus Eyepiece | Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
DEAD-HOLD BDC RETICLE
Customized hashmark design helps eliminate guesswork on holdover and windage corrections. Good for hunting/shooting at varying ranges where estimating holdover is a concern.
Read the Dead-Hold BDC Reticle manual for details on using the reticle for bullet drop compensation and wind drift compensation and ranging.